- Born: 19 NOV 1600, Dunfermline
- Acceded: 2 FEB 1626
- Died: 30 JAN 1649, Whitehall
- Interred: St. George's,Chapel,Windsor,England
.....beheaded; the only English King to be publicly executed.
Speech from the Scaffold
.....Burke says he married 11 May 1625 or 1 May.
.....He believed that God had made him a King, so he did
not need to consult his subjects. He managed to rule without
a Parliament until 1640, and tried to force his Scottish
subjects to accept English Church services. When this led
to a war he could not afford, he promised to share some
of his power with Parliament. People no longer trusted him
and England slid into Civil War.
"And therefore I tell you (and I pray God it be not
laid to your charge) that I am the Martyr of the people."
- [Speech on the scaffold]
Father: Stuart, James I, King
of Britain, b. 19 JUN 1566
Mother: Anne of Denmark, b. 14 OCT 1574
Married: 13 JUN 1625, Canterbury,England to , Henrietta_Maria
- Child 1: Stuart, Charles James,
Duke of Cornwall, b. 13 MAY 1629
- Child 2: Stuart, Charles
II, King of Britain, b. 29 MAY 1630
- Child 3: Stuart, Mary, Princess
Royal, b. 4 NOV 1631
- Child 4: Stuart, James II,
King of Britain, b. 14 OCT 1633
- Child 5: Stuart, Elizabeth,
b. 29 DEC 1635
- Child 6: Stuart, Anne, b.
17 MAR 1637
- Child 7: Stuart, Catherine,
b. 29 JUN 1639
- Child 8: Stuart, Henry of
Gloucester, Duke of Gloucester, b. 8 JUL 1640
- Child 9: Stuart, Henrietta
Anne, b. 16 JUN 1644